test

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Mondays gone happy Tuesday everyone...

You know I could never understand what was up with people who despise Mondays... yeah they are a pain in the ass but in my opinion Tuesday is the most evil day of the week... by that stage you've had just about enough of work but the weekend is 3 whole days away... I hate Tuesdays.

So last night I went to see another play, I've been doing this for years once a month. I am fully aware of people's attitudes towards plays and theatre most people say "why not watch a film." Well I've never watched a film before, come out of the cinema and then walk right past the main actor of the film... except that premiere I sneaked into back in the day.

I liked it more than the last play, they always tell me that the best thing you can do is "modernise" plays. This doesn't mean improve it in anyway... no... this means cram it full of pop culture refrences and shit jokes until it's wrist-slittingly-annoying. Usually this includes (but not limited to)
  • Crotch thrusting
  • Innuendo and euphemisms
  • Out of place pop culture refrences (often from the 90s)
  • An annoying guy who practically makes it panto
Lest I forget the ungodly ammount audience interaction that is more painful than funny. Honestly things are "timeless" becuase they are just as good and valid today as they were 500 years ago! So don't change it!

No comments:

Post a Comment