test

Monday 17 September 2012

Life is like TV, things don't keep going they just reboot and rerun...

Well another week in Hangedmanville (I haven't called it that in a while.)

I have been somewhat busy in my spare time over the weekend trying to download Black Mesa: Source, a new recreation of the original Half Life game (which is one of my favourite games of all time.) When I saw that there was only 2 mirrors (two links to the download sites if you don't know what a mirror is) I thought KNEW that it was going to be futile to ty and download a copy of Black Mesa: Source the night of it's release. Sadly my Steam friends didn't have the same insight so I got an ungodly ammount of messages asking me if I'm downloading it.


When I told them that I was waiting for the weekend to get the mod they were so suprised... You see I haven't been waiting a week for this project, I've been waiting 3 years pretty much and others have been waiting longer than I have. So the fact that it wasn't a priority was something of intregue to people, anyway I got it on the saturday (left my PC on while I was out to download) and low and behold got to play it by 5PM HUZZAH!

I don't think I'll bore you with a game review here and instead I'll make a proper thought out review on either The Corrupt Regulator site or maybe on the corrupt/my youtubes... I'll give a first impression though, it has to be the prettiest looking game I've played on the Source engine and this mod does improve many of the original problems that the first Half Life game had to offer.

You know what I've noticed? All these games like BM:S and Tekken Tag HD are all just fancy paint jobs to games that I played 10 years ago... that's kind of sad isn't it? I'm pretty sure this world has ran out of original content.

Well in other news I'm sad to say that Doug Walker has ended his webshow "The Nostalgia Critic" which I've been watching since 2010. I hope that Doug's new project(s) stand up with The Nostalgia Critic but I cannot blame someone for wishing to ditch an act. I mean it's better this way in my opinion than going on for another 2 years getting shittier and shittier. (I'm not saying that it was in any way "shit" but you get the idea, it's very rare that things improve with age past a certain point.)

Well that's it for today...

Goodnight and joy be with you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment