test

Thursday 13 September 2012

A man of God?

So recently I've been asked: Am I a man of God?

"Huh..." I thought, what gave anyone that idea? But uppon seing all the religious themed lyrics on this page and the sort of mellow attitude that comes with this journal (I hate the word BLOG) I think I can see why people are asking.

Well the answer is going to be a dissapointment, the answer is no. I don't believe in anything, when it comes down to religous themed singers like Cash I kind of have a thing in music for good lyrics. I like the idea of thinking about stuff and who doesn't enjoy an upbeat tone every now and then?

The mellowed attitude comes from my preference of solitude, I spend most of my time alone and in my opinion it's time well spent. I don't despise company of course, though I'm not going to go out looking for it any time soon.

When it comes to faith I personally don't believe in anything but, (and this is one of those buts that saves me from being hated by those who believe that makes me "closed minded," those are the words of others by the way and they aren't mine.) I do believe that anyone has the right to believe in anything they damn well please, just because I don't believe that God did half the stuff in the bible doesn't mean I cannot learn something, from christianity or any religion for that matter. A good lesson is a good lesson and a good story is a good story and if it's logical and it makes a point I shant deny it simply because it comes from a faith that I don't practice. No, because that would be "being closed minded," as for faith? I put it else where, in things I do and the people I know, ( I would say "all people,"  but I gave up on most people by the age of 13).

People might not agree and maybe their right, maybe I'll burn in hell (probably will now that I think about it.) Maybe Saint Peter will be busy filing papers that day so I can sneak past him. All I ask is that people accept that don't believe in anything and for some folks that's a lot to ask, but hell... If I'm "close minded" then how come I listen to you? Because I believe what you say is valid and I put faith that as many people as possible will agree with me there.

I don't know who this argument is aimed at specifically, mainly those who believe that not having any belief is considered closed minded (and yes I have seen people talk like that). Am I completely open minded? No, no I'm not but I am in this reguard.

Hope you learned something today...

What?  You still here?

Oh... I need to post a song now? Jesus... you know that's not going to be all the time right?

URGH fine! Let me see, ah this is apropriete.

No comments:

Post a Comment